What is an FCSA Accreditation?
As a contractor working in the freelance sector, you may be aware of the importance of choosing the right umbrella company. There are many such providers in the market, so how do you choose the most suitable one?
An umbrella company should ensure they provide all the benefits of employment while ensuring the very highest standards of customer service and compliance.
We are delighted that at iConsult we have an FCSA accreditation, but you may be wondering what the accreditation actually means?
Because we have the accreditation, it means that we are now part of the FCSA Accredited member and we have undergone the most stringent testing in the industry to get it. We have then been recognised as the industry’s compliance gold standard for umbrella employers, limited company advisors and self-employed and CIS contractor providers.
What is the FCSA Code of Conduct?
FCSA’s “Codes of Compliance” is recognised as the gold standard in the industry, and its members go through the most stringent audit processes on an annual basis.
- The FCSA Codes of Compliance have been developed by Ernst & Young, in consultation with HMRC, and are available to the public on the FCSA website.
- All FCSA Accredited Members are tested annually against the FCSA Codes of Compliance by independent, carefully selected assessors.
- The assessors are top-tier, regulated accountants and solicitors bound by their own professional standards and code of conduct and are independent of the FCSA.
- The FCSA Codes of Compliance are continually updated to reflect current legislation.
- Non-compliance by FCSA Accredited Members results in the suspension or termination of FCSA Accredited Membership.
- No FCSA Accredited Member can operate Offshore Schemes, Loan Schemes, Trusts, Managed Services Companies Schemes, Pay-day-by-Pay-day models, or similar.
If you want to contact us to discuss how we can help you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03300 883 448.